One of the best parts of Christmas is cooking together as a family. And what better than a sweet that we can all enjoy like these sugar-free gingerbread cookies.
Now that we are in the middle of Christmas, the cold forces us to take shelter at home and organize more homelike plans. Christmas cookies are a classic of these holidays not only because of how rich they are, but also because of how decorative they’re later on the table. That is why we wanted to prepare a very special recipe so that later we don’t have regrets for eating a sweet.
Ingredients for sugar-free gingerbread cookies
20 dates (crushed)
50ml olive oil
1C baking powder
1c Ginger powder
1c Cinnamon powder
1 / 2c of clove powder
How to cook gingerbread-cookies
- First we gather all the ingredients of the sugar-free gingerbread cookies
- The dry ingredients and spices are mixed together with the flour and yeast.
- In another bowl mix the wet ingredients: the eggs, with the oil and the date paste.
- We join the dry part with the wet part until a homogeneous and lumpy paste is created.
- We let it rest in the fridge for about 20 minutes. This step is very important if it will not cost you a lot to make the shapes! Here we take the opportunity to preheat the oven to 170ºC
- Now comes the fun moment, we roll the dough with a rolling pin and it’s shaped, like a gingerbread man, a star of whatever you want.
- We place them on a tray with greaseproof paper and bake them at 170ºC for 15-17 minutes.
- Once we see that they are golden, we take them out and enjoy.But always taking care of your glucose and remembering that despite not having sugar doesn’t imply that it doesn’t have carbohydrates 😉
We make easy
Take control of your diabetes