This Baked Salmon with Roasted Vegetables and Quinoa recipe is a healthy and delicious meal option for people with diabetes. Salmon is a good source of protein and healthy fats, and it is also rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to have various health benefits, including reducing inflammation and improving heart health. The roasted vegetables provide a variety of nutrients, including fiber, vitamins, and minerals, and the quinoa is a whole grain that is high in protein and fiber, which can help to regulate blood sugar levels. This recipe is easy to prepare and can be enjoyed as a satisfying and nourishing meal any day of the week.
- 1 pound salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound mixed vegetables (e.g., bell peppers, onions, broccoli, asparagus)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Rinse the salmon fillets under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Place the salmon fillets in a baking dish and brush with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the salmon in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F and flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables. Wash and chop the vegetables into bite-sized pieces. Place them on a large baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the vegetables in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until they are tender and lightly caramelized.
- While the salmon and vegetables are cooking, prepare the quinoa. Rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and add it to a saucepan with the water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked and the water has been absorbed.
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork and stir in the olive oil and salt.
- When the salmon and vegetables are finished cooking, divide the quinoa, salmon, and vegetables among 4 plates. Serve immediately, garnished with additional salt and pepper if desired.
Note: This recipe is for 4 servings. Adjust the ingredients as needed for the desired number of servings.
In summary, this Baked Salmon with Roasted Vegetables and Quinoa recipe is a flavorful and nourishing meal that is suitable for people with diabetes. It features healthy protein-rich salmon and quinoa, as well as a variety of roasted vegetables that provide fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It’s important to consult with a healthcare professional to determine the appropriate types and amounts of food to include in a meal plan for diabetes.